8.22.2011

DEAR MR. BERNANKE


I just wanted to thank you for the promise that you made on August 9th 2011 to keep rates at zero through mid 2013. This is great news for my family financial forecasting.

See my wife and I have been deliberating on when we should build our new home. We understand that an increase in the existing rates is eminent. We have been studying financial data to determine when we think the rates will increase, or increase to the point where we might not be able to build the size of home that we desire.

Recently we thought we had reached the optimum point to build our house in order to take advantage of a low mortgage rate. So we were about to embark on the journey of home building. Savvy investors say to do the opposite of the crowd and building in Nevada definitely would be opposite of the crowd. Just as we were ready to start putting money into the local economy to build our house we decided to listen to your speech on August 9th 2011.

We are grateful for your insight because now I figure that I can save my money for at least another year before I need to start construction. I figure it will take me 1 year to build my house. If I plan it just right, I should complete my home in May of 2013. This will enable me to capture the tail end of your promise so that my future mortgage rate should be the lowest possible rate (unless you can give me a personal rate like you did to the banks for the $1.2 Trillion TARP money - 1.1%, that would be sweet!).

Either way, I sure appreciate your promise. I know that many politicians can not make good on your promise but I know that you will! After all, my family finances are dependant on it. I would hate for you to break your promise or I may have to contact my lawyer.

Thanks again and I look forward to your next speech...

Sincerely ME!

No comments: